It’s getting a little bit cooler and I’m craving all things autumn related.
This smoothie recipe is probably my all time favorite – it’s sweet, a little bit sour, with berries and apple juice – you will feel like stepping into autumn. All ingredients are natural and organic, it’s not only super delicious, but also very good for you:
Apple juice promotes heart health, reduces cholesterol, boosts immune system and is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Berries – raspberries and blueberries – are rich source of dietary fiber and antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Blueberries are proven to prevent eyesight problems, raspberries – helps with maintaining healthy skin and hair. You’ll also need bananas (sweet, creamy, rich in potassium and high in fiber); chia seeds, flax seeds or both (super foods, delivering your body massive amount of nutrients with very few calories); tangerine (Vitamin C and fiber); tiny bit of fresh ginger root, and of course, a big glass or a jar to serve it.
For this time of the year, when seasons are changing, we need something to boost our immune system. I really hope You’ll enjoy this amazing smoothie that doesn’t only taste delicious, but is also super beneficial.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 banana – If you want the smoothie to be sweeter and creamier, feel free to add more
- 1/2 cup raspberries and blueberries – 1/4 cup of each
- 1 tangerine
- 1 tsp chia/flax seeds – You can use either flax seeds or chia seeds, I’m using a mix
- ~1 cup natural apple juice – I’m using all natural and homemade. If you want your smoothie to be more “liquidy”, add more
- 1/4 tsp ginger root – If you don’t like ginger, leave it out. I’m not the biggest fan, but it adds really nice subtle spice. But don’t add too much, it’ll be overpowering!
- Peel you tangerine and cut the pieces in halves – check for the seeds and remove them.
- Prepare all your ingredients, combine them in a blender, and blend away! Serve in big glasses, jars, or whatever you prefer.
- If you feel extra-spicy, chop up a little bit of ginger and garnish your smoothie.
What do You think of this? Will You try it? Let me know in a comment!
Come back for more,
The Green Panda